View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #62
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: 2003 LSx swap thread...here we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10airstream View Post
Hi Andy, years ago when this co-worker and i were younger (40ish) he cashed in his 401k for a down payment on a new van. I cautioned him that he would get 60 cents on the dollar in the account. He told me it had 10k in it. I said he will be hit with a 10% penalty for withdrawl before 58 1/2, and said to take the taxes out upon withdrawl otherwise it's taxable income at the end of the year. Anyway he did it and got $6100 after penalty and taxes removed. Maybe this is all changed now, but he hated me that day i told him but later appreciated the info and saved the tax hassle later. Just trying to be helpful, don't mean to pry as money and personal matters can be a hot subject! Good luck, Brian F.
Yea I know,
I'm closing out the account. I opened it back when I first started working for D/E 35 years ago. The account isn't very friendly when I want to move it. I'm transferring most of it to our joint 401K so I can move it around better.
I'm keeping enough out to finish the remodel of the house and the truck though.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote