View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #77
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Found my Great-Grandfathers 1959 GMC Apache

Probably was me, sorry its just I am trying hard to make it perfect for my Family.I'm looking forward to getting the Generator back in the Truck so I can finally drive it.I didn't know they were pot metal, so I am guessing they were Chrome since the other things were Chrome.What is the best way to patch the inside Cab tops around the windows. its bad on the drivers side, and around where the Speaker once was.What is the real name for the Original Color of that truck I am guessing the Turqoise like Dan stated, I'd like to have the Original Rims sandblasted and painted the original color of the Truck.The steps to the bed are a little rusty with small holes on it, I hope its savable. Once I am able to get more photos of the inside I will post them.I need to sandblast the Buckets and re-paint them Black, but the headlight holder has some rusted holes in around it. I am taking a College class this coming semester on Mechanics so hopefully I'll be able to weld things on my own.As much as this truck means to me, I'd like to get it perfect

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 11-16-2013 at 07:58 PM.