View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #97
PurdueSD

Re: Lost and Forgotten 51

Keep in my mind i havent driven my truck yet so i cant comment on road manners...

Yes, i would use the tci setup again. I think it was advertised 3 or 4" drop over stock. I added 3" blocks and still need to rework my lower leaf plate to raise the shock mounts 3". Pretty minor fab stuff there... but welding required.

With a standard MII IFS i would say you are probably gunna sit tail high an inch or two. I am running a non mustang based ifs that is a 3" drop, may add drop spindles down the road may not. Just gunna wait and she where she settles to with all the weight back on her.

The 8.8 is a great way to get a cheap (almost 9") with disc brakes and 3.73 limited slip. They are axles are c-clip axles so that is a minor drawback. The e-break setup is easily adaptable and new cables are available and dirt cheap at rock auto. Keep in mind the 8.8 axle tubes are 3.25" not the normal 3" so you will have to open up the saddles a bit.

An 8.8 from an explorer is about 1.5" to 2" too narrow so you are going to need a baby tub, really low backspace wheels or some 3/4" spacers. I am going to run some spacers with my 15x5 wheels and 6.70-15 bias.