Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #104
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

Got the break lines fixed and ran it around town for several trips. Runs great, starts up with no problems, everything I hoped for from the LS. Still have some problems to deal with though. Took it into Philly one day and it overheated. Since I haven't been able to get it tuned the fans are not turned on in the PCM. It was fine around town, but sitting in traffic for an hour did it in. Got up to about 250 F or so before I made it over to the shoulder and let it cool off. Still driving it around town, but no more trips to the city til its tuned. Looking into an aluminum rad from champion as well. I know overheating wasn't the radiators fault, but the thing looks pretty beat up.

Other than that, I got most of my dash put back together. Gauges and indicators all work save for the tach. Tried the resistor mod and still can't get a signal so I may have to cough up for one of the autometer boxes that taps into the coil signal...

Oh and the tank leaked a little after the first time I filled it haha. When I drilled the second line into the tank I forgot to seal around the edges of it. Truck still smells a little and I'm going to need new seat belts, but at least this one was my own dumb fault so I can laugh about it.

Buick engine is in the car too, just waiting on a few small parts to come in to get it up and running.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote