View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #254
67c10rustbuket

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
67C10rustbuket, on you mount bracket, I would recommend you slot the initial three holes you use to mount to gauge console. I missed a step from LS171Nova, where you verify the speedo is centered. Mine came out too far to the right. Unfortunately, I already drilled all the other holes before I checked. Slotting those 3 holes would allow repossissioning the mount before drilling the rest of the mount holes. Otherwise, worked great and definitely glad I went this way. Thanks. Jim
Slot these 3 holes.
Looks good, I will put mine back together and check the gauge center alignment. When I designed the plate I went off the needle center and combined the hole patterns so It SHOULD be exacttly where the original speedo needle was. The problem with slotting the mounting holes is I would have to slot most of the holes and then it would be less rigid. I made it pretty thick to make sure it was rigid. If there is an alignment issue I will fix it and replace them all. There is a (very) small chance that there was some drift when those were punched on the old turret press. I checked the plates I have at home with my template and they are all dead on. If mine is properly aligned and yours is not I can replace yours or make a special plate and offset the holes for you.

To others: I know several are waiting on me to finish boxes and I have yet to finish them. I have been swamped at work with our new machinery and filling engineer requests. I will try to get them done asap, hopefully the big guys leave me alone today so I can work on them .

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote