View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #199
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

been busy for last few months since posting last and have completed the under hood wiring fuse block and ls powertrain harness. Also started researching the ls1 24x reluctor wheel for the big block 454 mark IV that my brother is bringing to me in a few months. Apparently efi connection big block parts will not work with any engine older than 1991 due to the differences in the oil pan and timing chain covers. On the harness I repinned both the fuel injectors and the coil packs to match the older V8 firing order. The computer will be programmed to match the fuel trims on the changes in the harness and engine firing banks. Here are some photos. When I get closer on the poor mans efi build will setup a thread dedicated to it solely for education purposes and for whomever might wish to attempt doing there own on the cheap like I am doing lol . Plans are to get the 454 get everything situated on the harmonic balancer for the reluctor wheel and do something similar to what the ford 5.8 Windsor engine uses found out they have a balancer mounted reluctor in place on those engines so may be finding one in a junkyard to snatch the sensor mount off of for experimentation purposes lol. The plans for the 454 are to destroke it and basicall change it into the 427 version with a few goodies from Chevrolet performance and a few other places and get it completed ready for dyno break in and programming here in seattle!

Sean
the first pic is of the reluctor wheel took a bit of time but located the tdc tab on the wheel and it lines up dead on the crank with the front crankshaft keyway. next step is a 427 balancer to experiment with and get a machinist to locate this on the crank and trim out the center hole for the pulley to mount in place.
Second is the underdash harness and app pedal plug. I am aiming for the truck to have cruise control with this setup using the drive by wire throttle body so I have more room under the hood for other things.
Third is the completed fuse block with harness connections in place for the fuel injection harness and electric fan wiring.
4th is the plans for the harmonic balancer and where to mount the wheel to it to get it setup for the computer controls.
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote