View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
dieseldawg142

Re: Big Block Muffler SHOOTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savatreatabvr View Post
I was also wondering, performance wise how aftermarket mufflers compare to stock factory mufflers? I've heard not enough back pressure or to much back pressure hurts performance, do these aftermarket mufflers come with spec sheets to compare to stock factory mufflers? I see a lot of used diesel mufflers on Craigslist that are the same shape and size of my stock factory muffler, can I use a 4" diesel muffler reduced down to 3" pipe on my 454?
on a stock motor, there prob wouldn't be enough of a difference to notice, but it sure will sound like it. it takes at least 25-30 horse to actually feel a diff in your vehicle, thats alot of power to pull out of a stock motor with just a muffler change.
i wouldn't worry 'bout performance, buy for the sound you like best, it's why we usually change them. by the time i get the 70's on the crew, it will be the 4th set of "performance" mufflers & i have not noticed one bit of diff in power between them, just trying to find that sweet spot for sound
too bad your so far away, soon as it warms up outside i'll be pulling 2 like new 3" delta 50's out of my truck
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote