View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #17
dieseldawg142

Re: Big Block Muffler SHOOTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS '86 View Post
Depends on how strong the motor is and how the exhaust is setup

My friend went from a 305 to a 454 and his thrush welded series got quieter

My friend went from flowbastard 44s to purple hornies glass packs. It got quieter...this is just my findings. It seems the construction of the muffler will make the biggest difference. Then how the motor is built will change the flow through a muffler.

there was a test on mufflers in a "ford" forum that found that there was a 8hp difference between no/worst mufflers and the best.
Personally I would buy in to spin techs design. When I got their mufflers I picked up the box with one hand and it dropped on my foot. Those things are built like tanks! I can imagine the sheet metal that magnaslow and flowbastard uses would vibrate and resonate making the toilet sounds one typically hears.
wow! surprised it took you this long to comment
another thread on your fav muffler,lol!
i think we all know how much you like your spin techs, & how much you love FM's, but if your gonna slag them, it should be for sound & not how their built. 16 gauge is a far cry from sheet metal, i've had a FM last 14 yrs on a dd, so you aint going to convince me there built crappy. baffling & flow give muffs most of their sound, some like their sound, some dont. sound is subjective to everyone. i happen to like the sound from the 1st muffler in the Hot ROD hall of fame!
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote