Thread: 2 post hoist.
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #6
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Re: 2 post hoist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faribran View Post
i just pulled the trigger on a BEND PAK... used 10m#, 2 post Assym lift. i have to get the concrete in place so i can get it installed...
Great choice...you're going to love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
If you have the ceiling height I would go with one that routes the cables and hoses overhead if you are buying new. The one I bought has the floor plate that covers the cables and hoses which makes it tricky if you are using a transmission jack. I bought mine used for $1000 so I can't complain. I would not go any lighter than 9000lb either. here is a pic. of mine. It goes tall enough that I can work standing straight up even working on my sons car. I did not like the idea of a 2 post lift off the start but warmed up to them after seeing the tall jack stand rests you can use to stabilize it once its in the air. The guy I got mine from gave me the 2 stands with the lift so that was a plus. There are several posts related to the lifts right here in the tools section that might help as well. I know they did when I started looking.

Richard
I've got roughly the same gig as Richard only smaller. Mine's a Direct Lift rated for 8,000#.
Buggers when new just run a couple grand. Floor cross-over style & low profile.
It could have gone taller due to the 14' ceiling height, with a taller lift & cross-over on
top but it was already installed and I bartered for $800 in storage fees.

No complaints except I'll be running a release cable to one side...now you have to unlock the
locks individually side to side.
I've seen a full-dressed suburban on it with no prob. but, obviously, use it for a high-style bed holder.
Attached Images

Last edited by ETsC10; 12-20-2013 at 12:42 AM.
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote