View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #291
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Thanks Don.

Fish and chips for dinner, then a long evening discussion of cars, bikes and trucks with Martin who came over...... We also Skype called Ta2Don in Arkansas to share our dinners with him, followed by a lengthy Skype Mobile chat with Kieth in Tulsa to discuss the merits of cutting the BBW metalwork out of a cab and mailing it to the UK, as Martin has Big Back Window envy and desperately wants to convert his truck to BBW. Just when I thought it was safe and he was going home, he started to challenge me about what I will be doing with the rust on my truck, which panels to buy etc.
"Come lets go see your cab corners, they must be rotten" he said, "Not at all" said I..... famous last words.

In the end we went down to the garage just after 22.00 to spend another hour there.

This is always time well spent of course. Garage time with Buddies.

Cab corners were fine (told you so) as were the sills and a variety of other parts of the sheet metal.

I also started poking into the passenger fender inner mount..... OOOPPS.... rust, but repairable.

If I could find a complete 66 passenger door, I would be happy to fit it, but as it is realistically not going to happen, the solution will be to cut and weld plate in on the door bottom, or to order in a patch panel.

Then we dug out some Blue Dots I wanted to give to Martin for his tail lights, as I had a spare pair, bought years ago. I will be fitting a pair to my tail lights later.

At this point Martin discovered my MGA Grille and also the World War 2 Ambulance spotlight I bought for a lucky 50p at a bootfair this year, and offered it up to the Drivers side A-Pillar..... PERFECT FIT !! And the door still opens.

So Martin has now created even more havoc in my life, as I quite like the look.

Laughing like a mad man, as he knew he was creating havoc in my mind.

Opinions ???

Midnight here on a Friday night, so bed time I guess.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote