Thread: Some quick work
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
Paul83

Re: Some quick work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodell View Post
I redid my dash a while back and painted the bezel and the plastic part that holds the gauges white. It made a huge difference. I went back and forth on the LED's because I would like to be able to dim them. I think I will figure out the dimmer, use the white overlays and then put some blue LED's in. I will keep this in mind for a later upgrade, thanks for posting the photos.
No problem,
Two reasons I did this. I like the white gauges. and after I bought the leds they looked fine but I bought them with the white gauges in mind anyway. They were better to see with, and I painted my bezel holder a bright silver. Still not great. With clear leds they were great on the black gauges. I just have the dimmer all the way up I can still have them go darker. Figured they look better and able to see better too. I think the blue leds will look great.

I like long walks on the beach, dinner by candle light, and poking dead things with a stick.
Paul83 is offline   Reply With Quote