View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #613
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Started planning the lower A-arm's layout on the shop floor. Need to figure out my ride height and tire size next so I can figure out how deep the air bag mount needs to be for it to be in it's proper range, and then I can figure out ball joint cup angles. The bag mount will actually be about 1/2" or 3/4" below normal so I can eventually use 1/8" aluminum plate spacers under the bag to fine tune the bag height/pressure at ride height. I'm probably going to swap to smaller bags since the D2600's are pretty tall at their minimum ride height (6"). I'd like for the rockers to be about 5" off the ground at ride height, and it'll be pushing it to get the D2600's to ride that low without collapsing them too much.

Also figured out how much the upper and lower ball joint needs to be moved forward to center the wheel in the fender opening, with 4 degrees more castor than stock (ending up around 7*). I wanted to push the wheel forward an inch, so the bottom ball joint has to go forward 1 3/8 and the top ball joint only moves forward 5/8". I'm pulling the ball joints inward 1" for more fender clearance with wider wheels; planning on running 18x10" or 20x10" up front with atleast 275 tread width. Shortening the arms 1" will also help with camber gain a little.

On to the CAD drawings... (Concrete And Dirt).

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote