View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #56
ray_mcavoy

Re: Who's running West Coast style mirrors? Pics please

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Del Bar products manufactured the optional painted 6X11 West Coast Mirrors as well as the optional "bus type" below eye line mirrors (shown on white '63 camper) for GM. Look for a DB logo on bottom. Del Bar also supplied mirrors for Ford and Dodge pickups when new also. Del Bar stamped the FoMoCo or Ford oval on the bottom of theirs. Retracs and Prutsmans were more common on GMC pickups.
Thanks for posting that info! I've seen that DB logo on several mirrors and always wondered what it stood for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalaroundstone View Post
My west coast mirrors look like they have been on my 66 a long time. Does anyone know if this was a style available in 66? I don't like the way they are mounted because you can't open the vent windows all the way. I am thinking of replacing them with west coast mirrors that have only two mounting points.
Those look pretty similar to the mirrors on Dad's 66. They came from JC Whitney about 20 some years ago and were used to replace a similar looking (but rusty) set that someone else had already put on the truck.

Dad picked up a 65 parts truck a while back with a set of the OE white West Coast Jr's like others have posted here. We plan to re-paint them and eventually swap them onto his 66. That's going to be a bit of a project though since I'll have to weld up the holes from those aftermarket mirrors and re-paint the doors.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote