Thread: NJ F/S Wiper Delay
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #95
twouvakind

Re: F/S Wiper Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
I have a 64 with one speed wiper. Could you post the instructions showing how to install it? I would like to see how easy it will be.
Here you go, sorry about the formatting:

Next Gen wiper delay instructions 67-72+60-72

Best to remove wiper switch and give it a quick wire brushing.

Find a suitable mounting location for the delay control. A 5/16“ hole is required or use the enclosed pre-drilled bracket. You have to experiment for a mounting location.
Install the two wire connector on the two side by side connections on the wiper switch(67-72 only)
Plug the two male connectors on the opposite end of the two wire connecter into the wiring harness using caution to insure the wires are connected to corresponding wiper switch terminals.(67-72 only)
The remaining terminal on the wiper switch gets connected to the blue wire female connector from the box.(60-72)
The remaining blue wire male terminal from the box gets connected to the wiring harness.(60-72)
The ring terminal blue/black tracer wire gets connected to ground.
Dress wires and cover male terminal(s) on the wiring harness with quality electrical tape(no dollar store stuff!)
Secure the box by a method of your choice(that quality electrical tape, perhaps)
The orange wire goes to the fuse panel(switched)
Please note that all wires are now labeled for easy ID. This is due to varying wire colors from my supplier.
twouvakind is offline   Reply With Quote