View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #97
newbe351

Re: F/S Wiper Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by twouvakind View Post
Here you go, sorry about the formatting:

Next Gen wiper delay instructions 67-72+60-72

Best to remove wiper switch and give it a quick wire brushing.

Find a suitable mounting location for the delay control. A 5/16“ hole is required or use the enclosed pre-drilled bracket. You have to experiment for a mounting location.
The remaining terminal on the wiper switch gets connected to the blue wire female connector from the box.(60-72)
The remaining blue wire male terminal from the box gets connected to the wiring harness.(60-72)
The ring terminal blue/black tracer wire gets connected to ground.
Dress wires and cover male terminal(s) on the wiring harness with quality electrical tape(no dollar store stuff!)
Secure the box by a method of your choice(that quality electrical tape, perhaps)
The orange wire goes to the fuse panel(switched)
Please note that all wires are now labeled for easy ID. This is due to varying wire colors from my supplier.

If you take out the sentences pertaining to 67-72 only, the remaining explanation doesn't really help much for the 60 -66 guys.

Which "remaining" terminal gets the blue wire? After you connect the blue wire to the "remaining" terminal, the remaining blue wire goes to the wiring harness?

I'm going to order one anyway (as soon as I can get to the bank for a cashier's check) as I don't think it's that hard to figure out, but the above explanation leaves some questions for the 60-66 folks....
newbe351 is offline   Reply With Quote