View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #367
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Well, tonight is probably one of the biggest score reports (with a twist)

I replied to a Freecycle offer for a broken Acoustic guitar which I want to turn into a floor lamp, with a light fitting inside and low wattage bulb.

Guitar needs some repairs and bits added from my spares pile.

Then mounted on a decent wooden base and given to my daughters boyfriend who plays rather well.

When I replied to the offer, I did mention to the guy offering that I was only interested if nobody wanted it, as I was going to "re-purpose" it, which intrigued him.
So when he replied, he also offered me a 5 foot electric metal working lathe that comes with thread cutting gears etc.
I only took one pic tonight with my mobile phone in the shed as there was not much light in the shed where it is stashed.

I immediately decided to offer it to my mate Martin's neighbour Trevor who works in a machine shop and is busy setting up his own shop as he gets to buy in machines.

Possibly my best ever score, and really cool to be able to offer it to someone else.

I am also in the process of collecting bits to build a replica petrol pump and bought this nozzle off Evilbay last weekend.

Paid £45.00 which was way more than I had planned.

Nicola's brother is bringing me a fire hose reel and hose which will make the pipe red, and kind of direct the direction of the final product.

I am looking at combining a few bits I have into something "unique"

I am looking for a LARGE white glass lampshade like in the pic below.

Went to a reclamation yard today on the way home, but they could not help.

Any guidance appreciated.

If you have a plain old petrol pump globe, or even one with graphics on to sell, let me know by PM.

These are some of the bits I have collected so far......

M&S Christmas decoration in steel - £1.50

I also have this which is missing a side but has a locking door.

Now start by making the steel cabinet shorter, add the star to the front of it somewhere, add a globe with some fantasy brand on top, add a front face with numbers etc and add the pump nozzle and a length of old red fire hose to it...... get the picture ??

Something like this on the front.

I have ordered one from Ebay and will add some clear perspex or polycarbonate to it.

Now.... fit a small compressor inside and mount the whole thing outside the garage to use for tyres and blowing stuff clear.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote