Thread: The Apache
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
-hooch-

Re: The Apache

To come right out of my last update, I mentioned a friend of ours donated a real Olds/Caddy breather for the engine. I need to take a post to thank a couple of our hot rod friends. Without them, this build would not be what it is today. Thank goodness they have helped out a fellow young hot rodder. I figure the easiest way to do this is list it out...

Our friend Larry:
350 transmission he took out of his '40 Ford to replace with a 700R. It had less than 2000 miles on it!
Edelbrock 650 carbuerater with electric choke. It had less than 500 miles on it.

Our friend Otis:
The real Olds/Caddy breather to match my fauxs-mobile valve covers.
An airride suspsension to come in later posts (I've got a lot of questions about this and I know someone on here will know the answers).

Our friend Millard:
He subframed it... pictures to come in next post... and it looks like the frame was made that way.
He also replaced the steps on the cab, the cab corners, some rust on the bottom of the cab, the hinges and hinge pockets for the doors.
He has the doors fitting perfectly with small gaps all the way around by squaring up the body and fitting the doors well.
He's also promised to completely rebuild the front end here in a little bit.

Our friend Ed:
Found us a brand new Edelbrock performer intake manifold at a garage sale still in the box.

The engine was rebuilt by our friend Steve Frahn. He did a good job and put us onto a rams horn exhaust manifold or two (I decided on the rams horn that pull back at the bottom to keep the nostalgic look going).

The biggest thanks has to go to my dad who has so far provided the truck, an engine, a bunch of extra pieces, his expertise, his shop, all his tools, money on parts like fenders, paint, and lots of other things, and his friends like Larry, Otis, and Millard.

Talk about a good bunch of guys. Those are all pretty necessary parts as you know, and this truck would not be possible without them. So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, and I'm sure somehow there will be more to come.
-hooch- is offline   Reply With Quote