Thread: The Apache
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
-hooch-

Re: The Apache

Next up we went to Goodguys in DFW in the fall. I bought some new steps for the truck, and we already had corners for it. The next few pictures show how they were rusted and bent up.

Next we took the windshield out and the cowl cover off.

And there she sits

Got her out in the sun for a while.

And here are the seat risers we made if that's what you want to call them. It sits up nice to the steering wheel, comes back to the corners nicely and really makes the wrap around back window look great, and it is comfy. Leans back just a little bit.

Next we covered up the holes in the corners of the cab. My first real metal fabbing test. Not bad if you ask me!

Next up are some of the pictures of Millard's handiwork. He's slicked it up even a little bit more since these pictures. He put the steps in, cab corners, new hinges and lower hinge pockets, and fixed some rusty stuff on the underside of the cab. He also squared the cab up and got the doors fitting perfect. The pictures don't do it justice at all. He is really a whiz.

AND FINALLY that is all I have. It's down at Millard's waiting for us to pick it up. The reason we haven't is because of a little SWB 64 that came across our path. The goal is to get it sold and fund some more of this project. So for now.... I'm going to go make a thread for the cash cow!