View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 01:06 AM   #94
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Good point, the older flex fuel engines will have plastic fuel rails, but the lines that hook them together and the feed and return lines are usually stainless. I through the flex fuel thing out because that's the only way you could get a returnless rail in '04. Now I'm thinking at least the intake is an '03.

That number cast in the block may be the date code, and if so, the guy saying the long block had been replaced seems legit, because that's the only way you could have a 2000 engine with a '03 throttle body. That said, there's no way that's the engine in the pics of the blue Tahoe, since it's clearly a drive by cable throttle body.
I Might open up one of the valve covers and take a look inside maybe it will have the date stamped on it like you said. One of the other things I noticed the barcode sticker on the ecu was scratched off..wonder if they switched computers on me too ?

I agree I am really convinced not the same engine. I asked him about that and he said that they change accesories on the motors all the time to cater to what the customer wants, but I did quite a bit of zooming in on those pics that he took and there were marks on the pulleys and dipsticks that just are not there on the engine in my garage...big can of worms I seem to open those every so often lol