Thread: My 66 Project
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #41
ChrisDollins

Re: My 66 Project

Took the old truck on a little adventure last week. Me my wife and 2 year old took the truck to north west Arkansas to visit my brother and do some sight seeing. The trip is about 250 miles one way or so. We left on Thursday morning and drove to hardy and got out and looked in all the stores and ate lunch. Then drove on until we needed gas and a break and stretched and walked around a little strip mall somewhere between Hardy and Harrison lol. We went ahead and got a room in Harrison so we could stop in Eureka Springs for lunch on Friday. This was the first night that the 66 had spent away from home, so I was a little nervous. I unplugged the HEI but left it close to where it looked plugged in haha. Anyways, Friday we got up and went on in to Eureka and ate and drove around downtown. Pretty cool place! But with a 2 year old that wouldn't nap in the truck we didn't get to do much looking haha. But we did go to Terpentine Creek and he enjoyed that. Then we drove on into Lowell to meet up with my family and get a room at the residence inn rogers which I highly recommend. Saturday we took the kids to the Wild Wilderness Petting zoo and drive through safari. Really cool place. We decided to let Carson ride home with my mom in the Cadillac Sunday, so he would nap and we could go see Eureka Springs a little better. Pretty cool place if you ever get the chance to stop in. There's a lady with a hat shop that is super nice that fitted me with a hat. Anyhow truck did awesome, never missed a beat, got over 15 mpg on the way home and had TONS of conversations with people at the gas stations. Noone said anything about Carson's car seat in front which I was surprised. It seems weird to feel so accomplished doing something that the truck was kind of made for, but it was just really cool to see everything through the old truck's windshield. Noone even got impatient with the 50-55 mph that the 66 would only go. I would just pull over and let them by, no tailgating at all. Anyhow, here's the pics thanks for reading.

Chris

ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote