View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
NastyBuzzard

Re: '85 K10 LSX/700R4 Swap

The truck I am getting has the 4L60E and all in it and it seemed to be in good shape so I am swapping in the 4L60E, I have heard too many horror stories about the tv cable adapted to ls motors and all. Plus Id like to be able to plug in a tuner and adjust shift points if I feel like it.

The 700r4 I have is rebuilt with transgo shift kit and corvette servos, both it and the 350tbi have less than 10k so I am hoping to sell that combo for some decent coin.

I have heard that my 4lo wont work with the 4l60e though if I dont have some kind of switch.

I am really considering swapping the newer rearend for the disc brakes and the 3.73's, just eventually will need to do the front, plus if I use the 3.73s I wont have to adjust for the 3.42s but will probably have to anyways for the 32"s, I am also trying to consider mpgs as well. I would prefer 16" or taller tires, plus in my opinion on the stock rear it sits inside the wheel well a little far so it looks offset to the inside, the 2" wider rear may help with that too I think.

This is all so awesome, I am so excited about doing the swap and appreciate every ounce of advice I can get. The most worrisome thing for me is the wiring!!!

Also the truck I am buying already has true duals on it as well!! Except I dont remember it having an xpipe or hpipe. I am hoping I can find a way to swap that on there, although I know the tcase is on the opposite side of mine...

I am wondering about headers if they are worth it, I don't really care about high HP #s, more so the bottom end torque and the power being where I normally drive the truck.

Also wish there was a way to get the gas tank to go on my truck. I am tired of fighting with the saddle bag tanks to be honest. Id prefer one simple tank, I thought about the blazer tank swap but I'd like my fuel door to stay in stock place to be honest, I don't want to have it routed to the rear of the bed. '

Thanks!
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote