View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #14
doubeys_nova

Re: '85 K10 LSX/700R4 Swap

a lot of reasearch will get you where you need to be on the harness. you shouldnt have electric fan trigger wires or the programming to run them on the computer but that can be programmed by whoever you have do the tuning.

Dirty dingo engine mounts specific for the truck worked great for me. i shouldve put new lower mounts in when i had the chance but didnt.

Trans should just need new holes drilled in the frame for the existing trans cross member. 700r4, 4L60 and 4L60E are pretty much the same trans. your t-case should bolt right to the 4L60E.

Exhaust, you might be able to get it to fit with some pie cuts and stuff. that all depends on your fab skills.

for your air intake you either need to relocate the battery to the drivers side and run stock/aftermarket breathers for the donor truck or custom build one for the drivers side.

guages, you can get sending units that match the factory guages or do autometer. i put autometer guts on my factory guages to keep the stock dash. not cheap but it works

radiator hoses are just factory hoses from the donor truck with a steam port tee'ed in to the heater hoses. dont try to block off the steam port. i did and it failed epicly had sprayed coolant everywhere.

Vacuum, there is a vacuum port on, i think, the back of the intake manifold. that will need to be used for your interior and brake booster.

solder, solder, solder. these sensors are sensitive so you want the least amount of resistance you can get.

are you running A/C?
1996 Grand Cherokee: 5.2L Limited,Bone Stock,blown trans
1976 Nova SS: 358 SBC/TH350/C12 Bolt/3.42 LS(SOLD)
doubeys_nova is offline   Reply With Quote