View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
NastyBuzzard

Re: '85 K10 LSX/700R4 Swap

A/C is not real a high priority, but one day, yes I would love to have it. It does get muggy hot down here in South Carolina.

What I have decided is to take the gauge cluster, steering column and hopefully the fuel tank out of the 2001 silverado to be put into my truck. I will also be using the rearend out of the 2001 for the 3.73s/posi, wider rear end, and disc brakes.

My plan so far is to completely take all of the wiring out of the 2001 and integrate it into my 87. I'd really like to make everything run off of the 2001 fuse panel/box.

So far dirty dingo is looking like my best bet, unless anyone took some measurements so I can make my own.

I want to try and get everything to work, even the key fob!! I won't really worry about airbag or abs. But I would like to integrate my electric fans into the ecms and off of the thermostatic controller.

I plan to relocate battery to ds. I need to look into that.

I really want to get rid of saddle bags and mount the gas tank from the 01 and all that goes with it to where the ds saddle tank is now. Also be able to use stock filler neck location.

Life would be easier if I could just set my 1987 body onto the 2001 frame!
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote