View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #16
PBFAB.COM

Re: porterbuilt orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
So to update this thread if anyone is paying it any attention...

So overall I'm happy with the parts an I think Dave probably needs an assistant as hes a difficult man to get ahold of.

The quality of the product speaks for itself now that i actually have it in hand, personally though I feel the after sale customer support needs a little work. Just my opinion from this experience which I'm sure isn't going to be a popular one around here....
Paul-

I am paying attention.

We appreciate any and all feedback, good or bad. Our overall goal is to give our customers a positive experience before, during, and after the sell, as well as providing them with the quality they expect from Porterbuilt.

Research will show that we have a very positive reputation when it comes to service and quality. It would be unrealistic to expect things to go perfectly smooth 100% of the time.... but we do our best to make this happen. We also do what we can to correct the errors and miscommunication when they arise. We do our best, but sometimes we fall short. Our end goal is to make our customers happy enough that they tell their friends AND they give us return business. We do ZERO paid advertisements and rely strictly on social media and word of mouth to promote our products.

Paul, we hear you loud and clear... and we will do all we can to make you proud to run our product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special-Ed View Post
@porterbuilt... maybe you should consider a good software package for your business...

one that integrates crm, production, inventory etc...
Ed-

As we continue to grow and expand, we invest in software, equipment, and people to help improve the process and increase productivity. We have some things in place to help in the inventory and production control... it isn't perfect yet, but it is getting there.

I appreciate the recommendation and will look into it.

There are several challenges that go into running/growing a business, as anybody knows, but we are doing a pretty decent job and ALWAYS looking to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPSU View Post
Glad to hear you parts finally came and that you're happy with the quality. You just joined the ranks of those of us who have seen Porterbuilt's quality products first hand. Welcome aboard!

As for the 2 weeks means 2 month's comment... I work for a company that offers high quality components for a number of industries - pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical, etc. None of the items we offer are low end, and everything has a long lead time (generally 4-10 weeks). But we quote accurate lead times on 98% of the items we quote, and we're dealing with a dozen different manufacturers. We also generally quote longer lead times that expected. Under promise, over deliver. I agree that quality takes time and money, but it doesn't excuse inaccurate information.

Knowing the quality, old school craftsmanship that Porterbuilt offers, I would think they would adhere to the same old school, deliver when promised mentality. For their sake, I hope this is an isolated case and not a glimpse at the future. I know they have a lot going on now too - I think they just moved, upgrading their marketing/website, etc.

Hopefully they sent a shirt, hat, key chain or something to make up for the poor communication!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Good Luck - Matt
Matt-

Fortunately this situation is NOT an everyday occurrence. Paul was expecting to receive his parts MUCH sooner than he did, and that is 100% on us.

We try our best to over-deliver... but also give a realistic time-frame. On occasion we are delayed, and many times we over-deliver. We have implemented some processes and changes our production schedule around to where in the next few months we will be able to provide an even shorter build time.

Paul sent us an email last night, and I will be following up with him today.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson