Thread: 1953 Awakening
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #20
1956cameo

Re: 1953 Awakening

I got the new rocker put into place and started working on getting the lower door pillar and kickpanel fitted.

I don't have the kickpanel tacked in yet. It has taken the better part of a day to get the panel prepped. The first thing that I had to do was cut out the flared area around the original panel and weld it onto the replacement panel which did not have the flare. Then I noticed that the peproduction panel was too long so I had to cut about 2-3 inches out of the lower center of the panel. I also had to re shape the curve in the bottom of the reproduction panel. The original curve was nothing like the original. The last two things that I had to do was attach the flap that is on the original panel that wraps around to cover part of the firewall and trim about 3/4 of an inch off the front of the kick panel that was excess material on the reproduction kick panel.

That is all of the progress that I have to show for now. I am hoping to be done with all of the metal work on the truck by August. I still have to put patches on the front and rear fenders, repair rust around the cowl vent, patch parts of the cab belt line, repair the passenger side door, and repair one of the runningboards.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote