View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
bluex

Re: porterbuilt orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special-Ed View Post

i cant stand passive agressive crap... no room for it.

its obvious some people have never ordered a custom couch or some kind of custom mill work... 2 weeks mean 2 months, 8 weeks means 4 months...

this is not walmart where you buy off the shelf...
Im assuming this is directed at me. I saw your original post and I honestly have no clue why you added this to it.

No I have not ordered custom funiture or anything like that. I have however dealt with many other things being ordered, either personally or through/for my job that have long lead times. Generally they all deliver within the original quoted time frame or early. Why in the world would anyone quote someone two weeks delivery when they know it will be two months. Thats just bad businees and leads to situations like this.

My original intent of this thread was to see if my order was getting pushed to the side to get more volume out the door. I knew going into this there would be a wait, I was plesantly surprised when I was told it was going to be shorter than I originally thought. I also knew that the kit I ordered was not a high volume seller (something that Nate even said in this very thread) and that was another reason why I figured it might get a lower priority in the name of productivity/production numbers. During my wait I was also seeing people ordering through distrubitors and getting wait times as low as 5 weeks when I had already waited longer than that. This added to my frustration because I was thinking if I went straight to the source it would be an easier/faster transaction by cutting out the "middle man".

Your original post was helpful to this thread, your edit however isnt and wasnt needed imo.

Anyway like I said earlier everything is good now and this thread can be locked or whatever needs to happen to it.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote