View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #209
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Well been a busy bee the last couple of weeks since last posting of progress. I have completed a new style fuse box that will work much better on the 64's fender wells and allow for custom placement of the components when installed. plus it gives me a little leeway with the length of the engine harness. Also got dammed lucky and talked with a Chevrolet dealership that managed to get me 2 sets of vortec 454 l21 valve covers that have coil pack mounts on them . last up revised the harness and integrated a lot of the extra harnesses into one unit making it more compact for my build I used a 22 pin weatherpack for the firewall through connections but am looking at that as their are some metripack junctions that appeal to me just trying to track down which vehicles they came out of in the Chevrolet line of vehicles.
Devin Jeffers another member here I getting the other set of the valve covers since he is working along the same lines as I am but with a newer truck .

Here are some pics of the work and parts I acquired:

Sean

first pic is the revised engine harness got busy and ordered a lot of terminals and such from Mouser out of dallas texas for the rebuild

next are some pics of the fuse box assemblies I am have built to power this critter up as you can see I have plenty of room between each for custom placement. I ran them as such maxi fuse then relay then fuse box which is where it terminates to the fuel injection and interior feed harness.
last up the rare gem l21 coil pack valve covers the only big block gen 6 that came from chevy with a 24 x control system factory for coil on plug running.
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote