Thread: 47 Step van
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #156
xpickup

Re: 47 Step van

I am using Lokar emergency brake cables and I made a few brackets to hold the cables. The double ones are the rear brackets back at the axle , the one single one will be mounted to the cross member where I will bring them together and the high one is where the adjusters go.

I had to make defrosts vents for the truck because it never had any. I used shop vac ends. Then made an aluminum box for them. I wanted to make them look nice because there is no way really to hide the because the dash sets so low. I made them in a few pieces and welded them together. Then cut a slot in the angle part so it shoots the air up on the wind shield. The vent part was a little small for the hose so I had to use some PVC as a spacer from the hose to the vent. Then they got bolted to the dash.

The blue panels in the one picture are the panels that will become the bulkhead to cover the wiper assembly. It will all be remove able that way you can get to the wipers. I have the main pieces made and have to mount them before making the corners that will rap around to the door opening.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote