View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #15
67Steven

Re: Any 6l80 experts around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
what kind of stall is in the convertor?

That still sort of sounds like its trying to stay locked up (the decel issue).

When your at a stop, does it feel more like your actually trying to "overcome" something (like how it feels to do a brake stand, or launch of the foot)? OR does it feel more like the engine is free-spinning more than it should (1500rpm and your barely moving?).

Stock stall converter. I don't know if it is staying locked or not, but I did have my brake wire incorrect (+12v when brake not applied) now it is 12v with brake applied and it has occurred with both wiring arrangements.

At a stop sign, the truck takes off like it should. If you let off the brakes, it will roll forward (or back if in reverse) like a normal automatic.

When the 'binding' occurs, it starts to gradually need more fuel to go the same speed on flat ground. When I pull over, and stop and try to go again, it feels like you have one foot on the brake, and one on the gas (Hey!) at the same time and if you give more gas, it feels like more braking, also- but it will move begrudgingly. No grinding, no popping, no noise or fluid puking out anywhere and no CEL.

What makes me wonder if it is in the tune, is the fact that I can disconnect the electrical to the transmission for a split second, fire up the truck and drive like there was never an issue. Almost like it turned off whatever was at fault. I think it would still be binding if it was a mechanical issue.

Thanks for the help!