View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #91
Fredo

Re: Let's see your homemade crafts!

Don't have anything for the truck forums, yet, except for this new project, so I'll put my first post here in homemade...
I designed and built this 24"x24" vacuum former so I could get away from using fiberglass for my projects.. It's due for a rebuild soon as it was a learn as you go project...... Changing the coils to 220v for more heat... Was having a problem up loading the pics, I decided to link to the thread... http://www.tk560.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1362..
Now I'll try to post my last vacuuming project.... The reason it's on a toy truck is because my 66 Chev truck doesn't have a slider back window, and it need a new trans first before it gets a back slider........ (back slider?,wait, that sounds like me )
The third pic is of the plaster mold after it was poured, the fourth is the mold on the vacuum table, and the last is the front half in plastic before it's cut out..
The finished unit is on the truck and running..... It works as well as any swamp cooler will... It all depends on the relative humidity.. Today it's about 6-8%.
Have applied for a provisional patent even with the long odds... It was cheap enough if you diy and the specs. are not made public until a non-provisional patent is applied for..
Attached Images

Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote