View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #29
infinite-foamies

Re: 71' suburban 4x4

So how about an update?

I took the front clip off with an engine hoist.

Got the seat and floor mats out. Got all the body bolts undone, determined the engine does not run(think the starter is not turning fast enough). Need to disconnect the vent tubes that go into the body as well as the speedometer cable and then the body is ready to come off.

First I am building a rotisserie for the rust repair and rustproofing the underside. My dad is buying the materials for the rotisserie and will get to keep it for his shop but I get to do all the welding as his arm is in a cast.

Got the locking hubs off so I can put some Warn Premiums in. Will be doing at least rotors, calipers, pads, wheel cylinders and probably drums as well as ball joints and at least look at the bearings and races.

Plan to dustless blast the frame then epoxy coat it.

Has anyone determined the best place to buy replacement sheet metal from? LMC, Brothers, etc. It needs the bottom 4" of sheet metal all around, and possibly the passenger front door.

Also debating on what to do for the audio system. Don't want to go to crazy but want a nice balanced system.

What does everyone think of dynamat? How about a universal floormat company?

I found captains chairs on Craigslist with swivels that I plan to put in in place of the bench and hopefully use the material off the bench to redo the front headliner and recover the dash pad. It rained so much Rat Sh¡t I thought I was going to get Ghonoherpasyphilaids.
Attached Images

infinite-foamies is offline   Reply With Quote