View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #14
Bluegoose972

Update on Goose's Status:

My wife isn't very that I have parts of the blazer laying EVERYWHERE, but she still loves me! LOL

The blazer has been completely stripped down to the frame, including removal off the bolted crossmembers. I did find a crack in the frame at the motor mount which has been repaired. The frame was water blasted and then wirebrushed before getting a coat of black enamel paint. Looks great

The frame and axles (old) were pushed into the garage and now the buildup begins. This week, I installed the 6" skyjacker springs on the front and will have the new S.S. brake lines on tonight. The front axle was wirebrushed and painted, from spring perch to spring perch. I will start on the rear end this weekend.

The new engine was dyno'd on Tuesday. I ended up switching gears a little, and opt'd for a 454 H.O. that had only 500 miles on it. The previous owner had balanced, line bored, decked, and blueprinted the internals. The dyno results were: 458 hp @ 5000 RPM and 495 ft-lbs @ 4000 RPM. The torque curve is nice and flat with over 470 ft-lbs generated from 2500 rpm and up.

The 205 transfer case is being rebuilt at a local shop. The crossmembers and engine mounts are being powder coated.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!
Bluegoose972 is offline   Reply With Quote