Thread: my build thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #365
sams60gmc

Re: my build thread

Thanks Bomp. Been getting a ton of work done on the truck finally, just not enough time to post, so ill catch everyone up with this one.

Got my passenger side rocker replaced, the drivers will be here this week, I ordered them from Brothers and they fit great.

Decided to take out all my body work around the drip rail because it was failing due to poor prep work on my part. Spent a lot of time re welding it all and getting it smooth. I hired a guy to come start smoothing the whole cab out. He has the drip rail, fiber glassed, bondo'd, and spot puttied, and is almost all smoothed out.
Also ive got the bottom of the cab coated in chassis saver.

As for the fab work, the front of the truck is done. Did a bunch of figuring with the lowers, then machined my ball joint sleeves, and made the jig. The joint sits on a 13* angle, and both arms are built on the same jig, just by moving the locating slug and bolt to a different hole. I need to change the upper mounts just a bit for caster/camber and ball joint accommodation, but overall im very happy with how its coming together.

Once the front is done ill get it all up on a frame table and connect it to the rest of the frame

1960 GMC short fleet, full frame build...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329718
sams60gmc is offline   Reply With Quote