View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: GMC and Chevrolet people movers

Thanks for that video,Bill. I noticed the picture I found was recent. So,you had a bus driver job for a while? I drove a tour bus once. I had a friend who drove for a tour company out of Washington,DC. He lived down that way and I was out near Harpers Ferry,WV on a horse farm. One evening he shows up with a bus! He had dropped passengers of at Charles Town Races (horse track) and had time to kill. My only experience was driving on narrow windy country roads. I did a 3 pt turn about in it,too. It was easier than I expected. I wonder how old they'll hire bus drivers. I've often thought maybe i could end up doing that,as long as I can pass the physical

I don't know Anything about that one. Truly unique! I'm guessing maybe a guest ranch built it or had it built? Maybe it is an aftermarket coach works offering,but I wonder why so beefy. my guess is it was put together with a car (or two-three) using a large truck frame,probably later on in those vehicle's life. either that,or someone recently built it out of their imagination. It does look like it was built many years go,though. It reminds me of those old Yellowstone buses,but they were Whites and bigger.

All aboard for the lodge!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-25-2014 at 07:47 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote