View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #62
71Dragtruck

Re: Project "lighten it up" including Scott's IFS install

They just hang on the shocks, I run AFCOs on the front not sure if they say not to use them as a limiter or not, I now went with a set of Strange doubles for the back and got rid of my QA1s. Running Hypercoil springs also on all four corners now.

I was racing it before the front and it hooked, I'm now tuning the new back shocks and springs, plus new size tires that are pure slicks vs DOTs I have always used, best 60' so far is a 1.39, might be a bit more in it with the 180 shot. Just plan on setting it up to run the low 10s for now.

On a side note after I busted my pinion yoke last time out, I replaced all the universals when out and looked the shaft over, but must have been a hairline crack around the weld on the tube I missed or couldn't see, first launch of the weekenf I pealed it clean off. Was able to be a shaft built and got it back in to make eliminations, no qualifying runs at all, threw a 10.25 on the window and ran a 10.28, but I slept so bad on the light that I could not run the slower guy down.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote