View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 01:22 PM   #28
Z-71

That is a very nice box, thats very similar to what i want. My father has the bottom portion, not of that identical box, his is red, but i can understand how someone could pay 12,000 for a box with NO tools in it. #1. When you lock that box, a persons chances of getting into it are virtually eliminated, its not gonna happen. When you've got 30k worth of tools locked up in it, you definitely want them to be there when you get back. #2. The diffrences in a snap on, matco, or mac box is quite extreme when compared to a craftsman box or the like. The load capacity on that box is probably 10-12 times the weight of the box itself. When my father needs to look into the top portion of his box ( he's kinda short) he pulls the bottom drawer of his box all the way out and steps into it, not to mention his other tools and stuff thats in the drawer. I would not even attempt that on a craftsman box. Now on another note, if you don't make a living working out of a box of tools, then one of these boxes isn't for you. A craftsman box is more than enough for the home projects, even if your a hardcore hotrodder. We have 2 craftsmans at the house, the drawers aren't as smooth and stuff like that but, time isn't money at the house.

97 Chevy K-1500 Ext. Cab Step Side
Tool box, bed rails
HPP III, K/N, Flowmaster
285 Maxxis Mudders

" If you can't drive the nail, get a bigger hammer" ( translation- Anything can be done with more power)
Z-71 is offline   Reply With Quote