View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #19
c10sport

Re: 1989 GMC Sierra SportSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
I would be interested in how hard the mirror setup was to install, I have a 98 and I am not an electrical genius. I assume the wires run under the headliner? Does the factory computer have all the connections or are there splices to build?
Thanks.
If yours has the base mirror, it will involve some wiring. If it has a compass or compass/temp mirror already, it will be a little easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeZ View Post
Jay, I got the relays for the windows a couple months ago, finally got around to the install today. Your writeup was invaluable, as I had no idea what to do just from looking at the relays. I put 2 on the D/S door, so I have auto down on both windows from the driver's seat, gonna get another and install it on the P/S door. I sure wish there was a how to for the amp and RKE upgrades also, an "electronically challenged" guy like me needs it I also have a Suburban sway bar waiting for me to put it on, and when I go back for the window module I'm gonna try to find the amp and RKE stuff, if I can figure out what parts I need. Also gonna hit all the trucks looking for anything I can use, who knows? I'd never seen the underhood storage box before, will keep an eye out for one of those. Most of the vehicles at the Pull-A-Part are pretty well picked over by the time I get to them it seems like. Your truck and your mods are a real inspiration to me, keep posting please!
You should have put the second relay in the passenger door. I think you may have a problem if you put the two relays on one circuit.

I have put some write-ups on the 454SS/NATC board as well. I keep working on them. I will have the RKE write-up done soon. TO install it, you will need a power lock relay, as trucks without RKE didn't get them but SUVs did.

I'd do a write-up on the amp but my schematics were destroyed by water and I need to get another set. This is the type of stereo I got the amp from:

The amp just unbolts from the top of the unit and I have yet to come across a bad one from one of these.