View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Re: 1989 GMC Sierra SportSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10sport View Post
You should have put the second relay in the passenger door. I think you may have a problem if you put the two relays on one circuit.

I have put some write-ups on the 454SS/NATC board as well. I keep working on them. I will have the RKE write-up done soon. TO install it, you will need a power lock relay, as trucks without RKE didn't get them but SUVs did.
My Yukon actually has 2 (mostly) separate circuits on the D/S for the windows. I installed the first per your how to, then got to checking with a test light, There is a blue wire (white tracer) that supplies power to the pass window switch, just like the pink wire does for the D/S, and of course the up and down wires are separate. the only thing I could see is they're probably both coming from the same fuse. In any event, it should be no different than rolling both windows up, or down, at the same time without the relays, which I've done for years. For safety's sake tho, I only activate one side at the time now just to be safe, but so far no problems. Thanks for your concern tho, and thanks again for the concise, easily understood writeup, your's make it easy, wheras some are not nearly as easy to follow.

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote