View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #109
MadRatt

Re: Newbie with a simple 64 Stepper Build...

Been busy driving and doing small things to the truck. Been to a couple cruise nights and have some good responses. Good times...

So here's some updates on what I've been doing to her.

Got the rest of the exhaust put in and it sounds AWSOME!!

Got some real nice brackets from" Bill's Hot Rods" to get the Vintage air compressor installed. Also got the matching alternator bracket and power steering pump bracket. That way it all looks good and works together. I brushed them up and gave them a satin clear finish. AC blows ice cold and the power steering is a night and difference over the old gear box.

Tinted all the glass before I put it back in. Rebuilt the vent windows. Painted the inside of the doors, and got all the weather stripping in.

New bumper scuffed up and put on. Front end alignment.
I had to update the throttle pedal so I could get full throttle. Installed one out of a mid 80's chevy truck.

Next weekend I get to put the cruise control in and wire up the electric fans to the Holley fuel ECU so they will be progressively controlled based on temp.

And that should be all she wrote.

between all of this I have been driving it to all the cruise nights I can and am really enjoying it a lot. I think i'm going to leave the paint the way it is for now. I'm really digging it.

All that's really left is tidying up the engine bays wiring and under the dash.
and let the self learning Fuel injection finish tuning and we are good.

Here's the Pic's:
Attached Images

My 64 Stepper Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=586792
MadRatt is offline   Reply With Quote