View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #88
Daddy'O

Re: Our new shop - AKA Barnasaurus

Thanks everyone.

The dog days of August got to us. I hope to start back up on the loft in September.

I did manage to get most of the cabinet hardware installed and a couple of more exterior lights up – still waiting on the final light fixture. We’ve had a hard time finding new guts for some of the 50 plus year old light fixtures I am trying to salvage/restore.

I did find an almost new 6 foot step ladder and a nice roll around tool cart on CL for cheap. Got the box cleaned up and put some go fast stickers on it.

I’m about to finish up our 1991 Toyota pickup. It was involved in a wreck right before Christmas of 2012. Nothing major and no one was hurt but we had to go to court to fight a ticket and that didn’t get settled until exactly a year later (we won – ticket/case dismissed). I finally gave up on the other driver’s insurance company a few months ago. I had to decide if it was worth the money to get my lawyer involved again. I spent way too much on fighting the ticket. My wife was not at fault but got the citation so we fought the ticket purely on principle. So long story short, we gathered up the necessary parts and will have it back together next week or the week after.

So I have been busy, just not entirely on the shop. It’s been a nice break too as I was getting burned out.

Anyone want to see pics of my new tool box and an old ugly Toyota pickup?

Our Shop Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=620966
'55 Wagon Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689157
1971 Cheyenne Super Ochre/White LWB 350 Auto - my son's truck "Nancy"
1972 GMC K2500 Custom 4X4 Olive LWB 400 SB 4-speed -"Greenie" - Restoration to begin after the '55
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Daddy'O is offline   Reply With Quote