View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #25
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: HD relay conversion headlight harness available!

Hey, Dan. The ground issue you have IMO is not a result of the factory wiring design-you must have something else going on. On an otherwise trouble free lighting circuit, running low and high beams through relays relieve the headlight switch from having to carry the voltage load. When upgrading to HID style bulbs for example, current demand goes up but the headlight switch has a built in ballast to restrict current so it ends up getting a lot hotter as the higher intensity bulbs try to pull more and more current.

The 4-HI mod for this circuit allows you to retain all 4 lights on all the time-even when running factory fog lights. DOT regulations state that for street/highway use you are only allowed 4 forward facing lights to be on at any one time. That's why all aftermarket lighting companies state "for off road use only"....its sort of a legal disclaimer for them. I build my lighting harnesses with the 4-HI as integrated or as a connect-disconnect feature depending on what you want.

And since I build harnesses full time, I give you the option of either a headlight splice harness kit or a firewall a forward replacement lighting harness.