View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #255
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well the first outing went well. I raced the LODRS event at Thunder Road in Gilliam La this past weekend. I left Wednesday afternoon blew a trailer tire 40 miles out. One of my good friends and racing buddy Charlie Owens rescued me with a spare and an unmounted tire. I got back on the road and blew another in Waskom Tx. Pulled the tire off and limped with five tires to Flying J truck stop in Greenwood La. Got another tire mounted and hit the road again. Got five miles from the track and boom another one let go. I said to hell with it and limped to the track with rubber flying. A 130 mile trip took me 4 1/2 hours, it was beer time. Thursday morning we tried to figure out a way to fix the trailer but I decided I came to race so thats what Im doing. I got my chassis cert done and teched for the race then made three time trials. I tell ya 148 felt like 200 lol. I made some adjustments and felt like the truck was working well. Friday I had a four run reaction time average of .009 needless to say I was happy and confident I could be competitive. On to Sunday morning, I missed the tree and had a .037 light but my opponent went red. Second round I was .025 on the tree to my opponent's .030 light and I won the round. Third round I made some adjustments to shoot for a .010 to .012 light. I ran Tony Fuller third rd, I turned the top bulb on and he ran in and turned on both bulbs. I guess I let it get to me and got in too deep and it rocked on the transbrake. I went .005 red and he was .020 green. It was a round I could have won so I wasnt happy with myself. All in all though the truck did great. I put four tires on the trailer monday morning and came home. I have some videos and some cool Go Pro video coming soon.