View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #44
Revorollerr

Re: New to the c10 scene, boosted lsx

Got the hydroboost working, holy hell does it make a difference! I was strongly considering swapping to disk brakes in the rear, but its not really needed now! I could stab at 60mph and lock up all 4 haha. I was driving the truck quiet a bit and put on about 100 miles before the turbo seized. Brand new PT88, thrust bearing failed. Going to see what Precision will do about warranty and most likely invest in a BW not sure what model, considering an S480. I'm going to change the cam and converter, duration is a little too much for street use and was lagging on spool more then I liked, and was blowing through the converter on the top end. Was still a blast on 10psi, really surprised a lot of people.

Bad thing is, I had to get shoulder surgery 2wks ago, and decided to go back to college at the same time...So between no work and school it hurt the wallet a little more then expected so the trucks going to be out of commission for a bit.

Strongly considering doing a frame off this winter, I'm a construction foreman and we regularly use big outdoor sandblasters so I'm sure I can get the frame blasted and painted for a case of beer. Most likely just going to paint the exterior as its faded quiet a bit from its original color, interior still looks great. Also been playing around with the idea of swapping in a C4 IRS setup just to be a little different.
Revorollerr is offline   Reply With Quote