View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #52
skorpioskorpio

Re: Blazer 1\2 top molds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXk5 View Post
The top looks awesome. Hopefully we will here from Boneyard so we can get in line to order one.

I'm super interested, curious on how much for product shipped. I'm guessing shipping will be tough.
We worked it out to ship through Fastenal on empty space on their distribution trucks, it was 1/3 the price of any common carrier we found. We went back and forth on the crating and in the end the crate weighed 3 times the contents (and is now a fort for the kids of the Fastenal guy ). And again I'm not going to quote prices as I'm not the seller. I also do not know if he is interested or not in producing more and he crated it at my request as if it was the last one that would ever be, is it? I can't answer that. I specifically asked if he was OK or not for me to post pics of it and saying on this board where I got it from, and he was OK with it.

What I can say is that I'm very pleased with it and I feel it is worth every penny I paid for it, it will, by the time I'm done finishing it, cost me what you could buy a pristine single wall for, it will need a skim of filler in spots before paint as there is some imperfections in the 40 year old molds that made it. I did not insure it on shipment and assumed any responsibility if it was damaged (it wasn't). Body parts are *not* something Fastenal is willing to ship so it was shipped as "structural fiberglass automotive parts".
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote