View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
bufmatmuslepants

Re: Project "vanity Yukon"

So the truck has full leather interior but the driver seat is a tanish color and the rest is grey leather. The driver seat bottom is torn, and needs a new cover, but I want to get a grey seat to match. If I can't find one, ill just either get a $200 bottom cover from eBay or see if a local upholstery shop can do it.

The abs is over intrusive, so I need to pull and clean the wheel speed sensors. Anyone have experience with this issue? I read to only use GM approved cleaner, and you have to measure the distance and how flat the surface is.

The truck has an SES light now, so I need to get that read by auto zone, and continue battling the spider injection. I'm starting to think it could be a bad fuel pressure regulator, so I may replace that before doing an MPFI upgrade. I need to measure the fuel pressure and I may just clean the poppet valves instead of spending $338 on an MPFI kit..

The truck has a sunroof that I believe is aftermarket.

The driver seat has heated leather, was that factory? I don't think it works, so while the cover is off being replaced ill fix that.

I've test driven a few vortec 350 tahoes now, and the steering is so much lighter than the 95s I've driven, what changed? It also has a tighter turning radius than the 95 2 door I had.

The goal with this truck is to invest in only what it needs, and sell it for $3500-4000 to buy a 03-06 Tahoe before November 18th when we take our next big trip. My wife doesn't like the fold down tailgate as she can't reach groceries so I need a lift hatch so 00-06 is the way to go, but 00-02 leather is garbage. I really do like this truck, I may buy another later to keep. My wife was very pissed driving home because the baby cries whenever we hit traffic and she couldn't sit in the back to calm her, so she says she's done being involved in my Craigslist adventures, I need to buy a truck and a trailer to be able to do these myself from now on.

The story of the trailer is kinda funny. My grandparents had 2 4 wheelers that my grandmother used to drive down the mountain at their old house in winter to get medicine and supplies, at 85 years old, for my grandfather. The new house won't have that issue so I was getting one and my dad the other. We were supposed to meet there a month ago to get them so I didn't take my z71, instead took my wife's Tucson and my dad was supposed to come down in my brothers pickup with this trailer for me to tow 1 home with the Tucson and he take the other in the truck, but he bailed on me and I was in WV with no way to get the 4 wheeler home. I went on Craigslist and bought a 5x8 trailer in Kentucky for $460 and towed mine home, then sold the trailer for $550. My dad went this time to help them move in the Tahoe with this trailer, but the quad was too heavy for this trailer so he put the quad in my uncles trailer and my grandfathers bed on this trailer. While my brother was towing this trailer with the bed, a fender flew off on the highway. They left VA yesterday with the quad on my uncles trailer since he didnt trust his bouncing through NYC. I need a trailer to get my Camaro motor home November 18th, so I towed this one. Sure enough when I got 4th gear and was doing 75, the other fender broke off, went under the trailer tire, jumped the trailer up in the air, and I looked back to see the fender flying off through the air, luckily landing safely in the woods.
1995 NZZ GT4 2dr Tahoe 3" lift 14 bolt sf 155k 305/70/16s - GONE
1994 Z28 M6
1995 Z71 GT4 G80 ext cab short bed 215k GONE
1997 GT4 G80 Yukon 4 door leather, sunroof 168k miles GONE
2003 Avalanche Z71 GT4 G80 165k miles

Last edited by bufmatmuslepants; 10-20-2014 at 08:14 AM.
bufmatmuslepants is offline   Reply With Quote