Thread: 1969 Chevy C50
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
South Florida C50

Re: 1969 Chevy C50

Thank you RKN463,

I bought the truck from Smokey Jennings truck sales way up in Illinois. Super nice owner, Roger Jennings. He has 4 lots of trucks and cars for sale up in that area with over 100 employees working for him, and when I called the dealership about the truck I saw on their site, of all people to answer the phone... the "owner himself", you got to Love small towns! Mr. Jennings owns a winter home down here in south Florida somewhere on the west coast and offered to trailer it down here for me the first week in November. He said the truck runs great. It has a 366 BB with a 4 speed/2 speed rear, the pto and 10,000 lb. lifting cylinders are still on it, but grain body was removed because it was damaged. Fine by me, that's one less thing that I will have to remove. I'm sure that most of you have seen the sweet Green and white 1972 C50 sitting on 22.5's that was built by a gentleman from this site who also lives here in Florida, well sir , I want to clone that truck!!! I saw his truck for sale on the web ( it was an old ad that had not been removed yet) and called him to buy it for $16,000, but he had already sold it to a guy who lives in Texas. I fell in love with his truck and was crushed when I found out it was already gone because I had never seen something like that done before. I knew from that day that I was going to have to build my own because they are so rare in this part of the country where I live. I can't wait to get started.
Attached Images

South Florida C50 is offline   Reply With Quote