View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:24 AM   #43
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

Re: 88 GMC Driver / Project

The diesel and heavy trans lowered the front around an inch, which was nice since I won't have to install drop springs to make it sit level anymore

Currently some of my more major issues are: #1 my trans is a major POS, it grinds in every gear but 5th and 3rd will pop out in decel, plus it rattles like a snake pit
I'm currently double clutching at just the right speed to keep it from grinding most of the time, but downshifting is a guaranteed grind
So I either need another trans or to rebuild one, but since I have the early NV-4500 and I feel the first few gears really are a lil deep, I'm thinking about going with the 96 plus, but that will require modifications to the hydraulics, since they have hydraulic throwout bearings

Another issue is that my speedometer sits at 25 mph no matter what, key on, key off, driving, sitting still, it don't matter
My feeling is that it's not getting switched power, so Ima have to track down that wiring issue
And while I'm doing that, my glow plug light and check engine light don't come on either, so I'm going to try and fix those as well, just to make it nicer

Killer
Spray-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote