View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 03:01 AM   #102
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Part of the conversion to fuel injection was a new tank...well new old tank. This is a 40 gal out of an 87 Burb with the inlet welded in the right spot.
New sender and pump installed and we were ready to trail a long way down the trail.
Oh and in case anyone was wondering about those long hoses...that is part of the reason I really enjoy working with Nick on projects. He thinks about things like having to drop the tank down the road...me I just want to slap it together and go play.

Of course things will be much more tiddy when all said and done but I had to snap a pic of the new fuse block. It was impressive to see how much work Nick put into changing things and improving what I thought was "good enough". But now that I understand the wiring layout and cleanness I like it.

I will try to get a better shot of the cluster this weekend. But you can still tell how cleaned up and nice this is. Nick even managed to fit in a special dual battery gauge I bought in Australia. It is a digital that looks analog and has a bunch of features I have not played with yet. But nice thing is I always know the status of both of my batteries.
There is also an Air Pressure gauge for the on board air/lockers.

This prototype version 16 or something of my center console. I wanted something that had the same rounded edged as our trucks. Had plenty of storage and filled the space.
I plan to cover it with grey vinyl to match the seats. It will have 2 dual USB ports, locker air switches x2 and a dual cig lighter port for the fridge & laptop (for navigation).
I still have to put together my laptop stand over this mess.
Oh and that switch panel will control all kinds of things...things that give Nick more wiring worries
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote