View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #18
Russell Ashley

Re: Brake Switch Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrenner View Post
Russell, that picture will help a lot. Looks like your setup is what I'm shooting for, is that cleves your e-brake? (did the same thing). This area is nice, moved here from Fl. and work in Lafayette...
I have thought of another issue that involves the brake wiring. I am using a 700r4 and got the lockup kit from Bowtie Overdrives. The diagram has a wire from the relay tapping into "existing brake circuit". Is that one of the turn signal wires Ogre is talking about? The harness also has a third brake light wire that I wasn't going to use, could that be used? Thanks again for all the advise. Rob

Attachment 1319899
Rob, the clevis is my e-brake cable. I got rid of the original rod and pulleys and got new cables from Control Cables.
I'm not familiar with your Bowtie Overdrives kit. One side of the brake light switch has battery voltage on it all the time while the other side has battery voltage only when the brake pedal is pressed, as Ogre's pic shows. Without seeing the instructions from Bowtie Overdrives I can't say for sure which side they mean.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote