View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #110
Grizz1963

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

Well, went to sleep at about 00.45 and woke at 05.10 so not a good night, but woke with a big grin after yesterdays progress.

Martin had slept over on the couch and had similarly little sleep, but I suspect he missed Bow his giant Rottweiler being on top of him in bed......

So by 06.00 we were sitting planning our day.

Return Darren's Rattle Gun and visit him for a bit, then to Halfords Motor spares to get a new battery for Nicola's MX5 as it was beginning to fail.

Sorry to say, but the guys there, 3 of them behind the counter, are dicks. Asked the car's registration number, punched it into the computer.... "Ahhhh, it's an import, sorry, you will have to wait at least 10 minutes so that someone can go out to the car to look and see what battery it takes"

Martin and I both laughed and walked out...... idiots. No wonder these sorts of businesses are dying out.

From there we went to his house, found Amanda had woken from her slumber, and got the hubs from his truck to rob his brake lines from.

Then came home via a spares shop where we got a litre of fresh brake fluid. At least the owner of the shop knew what we wanted and did not need to consult a computer or a winsdscreen wiper fitter.

Coffee, cookies and chat with Ian who had a late wake up start and had thought we had been abducted by aliens as both our cars were still here and the garage locked and alarmed (as we had used Nicola's MX5 to run the errands)

Removed the pipes and remains of Martins truck's brake lines that he had cut off when stripping his truck.

While we had the wheels off, I replaced the nuts and bolts fitted last week with new high tensile nuts and bolts.

The brake pipes that came off looked like this........

Replaced they looked like this.

After bleeding out the muddy coloured brake fluid, we driveway tested the brakes, as I did not want to clear the cars from the drive to go test the truck, but next weekend it will get a decent road test and drive, after which the brakes will be re-bled if needed.

Lastly, a pic of the Motley Crew.

Once again I can say a huge thank you to Martin for the extra hands and brain power, as well as to Ian for coffee, brake fluid topping up duties and general piss-taking and teasing.

Next up will be getting the new exhaust system built and the cutouts ordered from the USA if I can get a courier organised.

Looking forward to that antisocial part of the trucks evolution.